Thursday, August 13, 2009

little life lessons...

Lesson #1 - Eating french fries and a handful of m&m's for dinner will make me feel like S#$&. (I like to blame this on Mario though... he wants to go to happy hour and instead of drinking, I eat french fries. Then, by the time we get home, I am too full to eat a proper dinner and the m&m's are SO convenient, thanks to the crazies that sent me home with a 900 lb. bag of them.)

Lesson #2 - Preggie Pops actually work!! After my super unhealthy dinner, I felt like total crap - had rising indigestion - and was completely nauseous. (Now, this could all be from just eating crap - but we'll call it the pregnancy, it's better that way, because Mario will get me things when I ask. ;) Anywho - all that aside - Mario kindly got me a preggie pop and it worked wonders. I was seriously concerned about what would happen to me once it was gone.

Lesson #3 - Eating is SO important. If I go more than 2 hours without eating, I become extremely hungry and start feeling nauseous. And this little bag of unsalted nuts that I brought with me today is not cuttign it - they actually make me want to vomit. They are so dry. I need a smoothie or something cold. Dry and flavorless sucks. Maybe this banana will do. (Is it weird that when I type the word banana, I have to sing the gewn stefani song to make sure I am spelling it correctly?)

Not really a Lesson #4 - I am glad that I was paying such "close attention" when I became pregnant. So what if it seems crazy or too early to be talking about it - I am pregnant and I am damn excited about it. It gives me that much more time to daydream about what it will be like to meet out sweet little person, to imagine what she (or he) will look like and what it will be like to see Mario holding her (or him).

My goal for this next week is to try an be more focussed on the now -today - this moment, rather than when I get to do this, and that, and what might happen later.

Wish me luck.

P

3 comments:

  1. you must only eat healthy foods when you are prego Pam! It is true about eating every couple hours to keep nausea at bay though. I told Shawn & Anne Marie about the preggy pops, but they didn't listen, there are also popsicles & tea you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Be happy! Talk about your growing wee one! Day dream! Just enjoy your pregnancy!

    Take that attitude along with you even after your little bambino gets here. So many moms can't wait for their little ones to do this or that. They end up wishing their babies life away. Instead enjoy the now enjoy that baby sleeping all day, cooing, and crying. They grow so fast!

    My favorite quote is " The days are long, but the years are short."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the preggo pops worked. They did for me every time. It is really important to have something in your purse and car at all times. You never know when the hunger bear will hit. And yes, you do feel like your insides will turn out with nausea if you don't eat like, 2 hours ago.Dang, I forgot about that. It is really crappy.On the flip side,whenever I told Carlos that I was getting hungry, he never hesitated for a second, he got what I wanted right away. That way, he didn't have to see crazy libby come out. Mint Tea, bean burritos, and mcdonald's vanilla soft serve cones did wonders for my sickness and cravings for food. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete