Friday, February 19, 2010

Somehow, as I lay wide awake in bed this morning at 4:30, I convinced myself that I had gotten at least 8 hours of sleep, so I may as well get up. Turns out my early morning math is exactly accurate. Seeing as I feel asleep at maybe 10:00 pm ... I got about 6 hours. Not enough.

None the less, I am awake, watching the traffic reports... every five minutes. Be careful on that 101, and if you leave before 6:30 am, you will shave a whole 5 minutes off of your drive.

My little man is certainly getting bigger in there. Moving around in some not so comfortable ways. Always a lovely feeling though.

I have decided that it is not such a good idea for me to watch TV dramas about sick and dyeing babies. First of all, there is no way the woman from Private Practice last night was just 25 weeks. She had a huge belly and suddenly gives birth to a 2 pound baby... come on. TV and movies are turning out to be less and less like real life than I had hoped. Although... I guess that also means my babies birth is less likely to be like that of a patient on an episode on Grey's Anatomy, which is encouraging.

I officially do not have gestational diabetes, although I was told that I do need to watch my sugar intake. I guess that means no more baked goods... no more daily ice cream cones. I will miss them. The problem is that telling me to cut back actually makes me think about it more. I need a number. Give me some sort of a limit per day and I think I would have a much easier time. It's like being on a diet... I tend to gain weight, not lose it. There is something greater in the mix now though, so maybe I will find it easier.

Well, now I am just writing out of boredom.... maybe I will go back to sleep.

Have a fabulous weekend!

P






No comments:

Post a Comment