Tuesday, April 6, 2010

oh the waiting....

So I have created these elaborate lists of things to do, in order to keep myself busy during this excruciating period of waiting. One thing on my list... thank you cards. I am ever so grateful for all of the wonderful baby gifts that have been pouring in, ever so grateful. However, I am not a big fan of thank you cards. I would rather call someone to thank them, or thank them in person when I open their gift. It just seems like such a stale formality. Almost so expected that it becomes meaningless.

And although I am someone who would not know the difference between someone sending me one or not, I know that there are also people out there who may be offended if they do not receive one.

I considered calling some people and sending emails to others (wherever appropriate). But I still feel like I am "supposed" to send an actual written card out. So, I have devised a plan... when I send out announcements, I will just drop in a thank you to those wonderful people who have given our little Vincenzo a gift. It will be perfect. My only concern is whether or not that is considered waiting to long. I hate all of the rules!

I guess I will just do what works for me. I am sure that people know how grateful we are for these wonderful gifts... it is amazing how much "stuff" you need with a new baby coming.

On another note.... when is this baby coming!!! I am waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment